When it comes to social media marketing success, it all hinges on visibility. Whatever platform youre using, if you cant be found, youre not going to have much luck getting followers and Instagram is no exception.
Fortunately, if you are struggling with visibility there are a few simple ways to make your account more easily found by potential followers. Instagram tends to have a snowball effect, once you reach a certain number of followers they will start to multiply by themselves and everything gathers its own momentum (hopefully!).
In the meantime there are a few things you can do to get the ball rolling and improve your visibility.
1. Add a link to your Instagram profile in your email signature.
2. Promote your Instagram profile on your other social media pages. If you have a strong following on Facebook or Twitter you can create a post suggesting people follow you on Instagram. If you want to reach as many people as possible, you can use paid advertising to do this.
3. Place follow buttons for Instagram on your website and blog. This can help capture website visitors and any blog readers who might be keen to follow you on social media.
4. Use hashtags when posting. If you have any experience of using hashtags on other social media platforms you will already understand how this works. Hashtags let you participate in conversations about relevant topics and they can be a great way to improve your visibility and get noticed.
5. Follow other people. A great way to get noticed is to follow other people on Instagram. They wont always follow you back but sometimes they will. Commenting or liking other users photos will also help you get noticed by them and often this will lead to a follow.
Increasing your visibility on Instagram does take some effort but it is well worth it. Without taking steps to actively promote yourself on Instagram you are not likely to get great results as followers are not just going to find you by themselves.
Hopefully these five easy suggestions can help you get started and start growing your followers on Instagram. The hardest part is getting started. Once you have established your presence you will find it easier to get more followers and enjoy the many benefits of Instagram for your business.